Monday, September 19, 2011
Federal Grand Jury Testimony Regarding Corruption of the US Courts
Affidavit provided in support of William Windsor's Atlanta Grand Jury testimony regarding corruption of the US courts
Dr Zernik's affidavit opined fraud by the US courts in the Northern District of Georgia and the District of Columbia in cases involving William Windsor. Widespread fraud and corruption is enabled through PACER and CM/ECF, the electronic public access and case management systems of the US courts.
Los Angeles, August 18 - Joseph Zernik, PhD, of Human Rights Alert (NGO), filed an affidavit in support of the testimony of Mr William Windsor before a Federal Grand Jury in Atlanta, Georgia, pertaining to corruption of the US courts.
Dr Zernik has gained substantial experience over the past decade in examining electronic records of the California and US courts:
[*]A report, which he authored, was reviewed by the professional staff of the Human Rights Council of the United Nations, as part of the first ever, 2010 Universal Periodic Review (UPR) of Human Rights in the United States. The report was incorporated into the official UPR Staff Report with a note referring to "corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California". [[ii]] [/*][*]A scholarly paper, which he authored on the subject of fraud in the electronic records of the US courts, was peer-reviewed and published in a computer science journal with an editorial board listing scholars from six (6) European nations and Canada. [[iii]] [/*]An abstract on the subject of fraud in the electronic records of the US courts, which he authored, was peer-reviewed and published by the 16th World Criminology Congress.
[*]The same papers were peer-reviewed and selected for presentations in an international computer science conference in Europe and the 16th World Criminology Congress in Japan. [[iv]] [/*][*]His opinions in such matters were also re-affirmed by opinion letters of well-recognized fraud experts and a computer science scholar, including, but not limited to: [list][*]James Wedick, an FBI-veteran, who was decorated by the US Congress, by FBI Director, and by US Attorney General for his achievements in law enforcement, [[v]] and [/*][*]Professor Eliyahu Shamir, a well-recognized computer science expert, who made seminal contributions to computer science in the field of language analysis (co-author of the "Pumping Lemma"). [[vi]][/*][/*][/list]In his affidavit, Dr Zernik opined regarding the records in two specific cases involving Mr Windsor:
[*][i]Maid of the Mist Corporation et al v Alcatraz Media, LLC, et al (1:09-Cv-01543) in the US Court, Northern District of Georgia. [[vii]] [/*][*][i]Windsor v Evans et al (1:10-cv-00197) in the US Court, District of Columbia. [[viii]] [/*]In both cases, Dr Zernik opined fraud by the respective US district courts on Mr Windsor.
The nature of the fraud was the conduct of simulated litigation. [[ix]]
Dr Zernik further opined that PACER (the electronic system for public access to court electronic records) and CM/ECF (the electronic system for case management and electronic case filing), which were implemented by the Administrative Office of the US Courts, enable the routine conduct of simulated litigation of cases before the US courts from coast to coast.
In previous publications, Dr Zernik opined that the introduction of such fraudulent electronic records systems in the US courts undermines Human Rights and banking regulation, and that corruption of the US courts was tightly linked to the current economic crisis. [[x]]
[i] 11-08-18 Affidavit of Joseph Zernik in support of William Windsor's testimony before a Georgia Grand Jury regarding corruption of the US courts
[ii] 10-04-19 Human Rights Alert (NG0) submission to the United Nations Human Rights Council for the 2010 Review (UPR) of Human Rights in the United States as incorporated into the UPR staff report, with reference to "corruption of the courts and the legal profession".
[iii] 10-08-18 Zernik, J: Data Mining of Online Judicial Records of the Networked US Federal Courts, International Journal on Social Media: Monitoring, Measurement, Mining, 1:69-83 (2010)
[iv] 11-08-01 Zernik, J: Fraud and corruption in the US courts is tightly linked to failing banking regulation and the financial crisis, 16th World Criminology Congress presentation
[v] 07-12-17 Samaan v Zernik (SC087400) David Pasternak: Grant Deeds in re: 320 South Peck Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90212, opined as fraud by James Wedick
[vi] 09-04-20 Prof Eliyahu Shamir's Opinion Letter re: Sustain - the Case Management System of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
09-04-20 Prof Eli Shamir, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, directory information
[vii] 11-05-12 PRESS RELEASE: Maid of the Mist Corporation Et Al v Alcatraz Media, LLC, Et Al (1-09-Cv-01543) Simulated Litigation - Fraud in the US Court, Northern District of Georgia
[viii] 11-05-30 PRESS RELEASE: Judge Richard Leon, US District Court,DC - master of the "Leave to file denied"
[ix] Texas Penal Code §32.48. SIMULATING LEGAL PROCESS.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person recklessly causes to be delivered to another any document that simulates a summons, complaint, judgment, or other court process with the intent to:
(1) induce payment of a claim from another person; or
(2) cause another to:
(A) submit to the putative authority of the document; or
(B) take any action or refrain from taking any action in response to the document, in compliance with the document, or on the basis of the document.
(b) Proof that the document was mailed to any person with the intent that it be forwarded to the intended recipient is a sufficient showing that the document was delivered.
[x] 11-08-08 PRESS RELEASE: Fraud and Corruption in the US Courts are Tightly Linked to Failing Banking Regulation and the Global Economic Crisis - presentation in the 16th World Criminology Congress, Japan
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (NGO)
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
Flag Counter: 125
Total Reads: 541,060
Total Item Views: 449,338
WHAT DID THE EXPERT SAY ABOUT THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS?
* Foreclosure fraud: The homeowner nightmares continue
CNN (April 7, 2011)
* About 3 million homes have been repossessed since the housing boom ended in 2006 That number could balloon to about 6 million by 2013
Bloomberg (January 2011)
* "...a system in which only the little people have to obey the law, while the rich, and bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences."
Prof Paul Krugman, MIT (2011)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?
* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
United Nations Human Rights Council Staff Report (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE STATE COURTS IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?
* "More than 100 law professors have signed on to a letter released today that proposes congressional hearings and legislation aimed at fashioning "mandatory and enforceable" ethics rules for Supreme Court justices for the first time. The effort, coordinated by the liberal Alliance for Justice, was triggered by "recent media reports," the letter said, apparently referring to stories of meetings and other potential conflicts of interest involving Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas among others."
More than 100 law professors, as reported by the Blog of the Legal Times (February 2011)
WHAT DID CHIEF JUDGE OF THE US COURT OF APPEALS, 5TH CIRCUIT, SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* "The American legal system has been corrupted almost beyond recognition..."
Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Edith Jones, speaking before the Federalist Society of Harvard Law School (February 2003)
WHAT DID THE CHAIR OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* In a speech in Georgetown University, Senator Leahy, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice.
Transcript of Senator Leahy speech (2009)